Saturday, August 7, 2010

Juggling?




Much of cooking is balancing flavours...Especially Asian Cooking
Elements of salty, sweet, spicy, sour and bitter are all well balanced in good cooking.

I went out for Vietnamese food today.. and I really love a dish called Bun (?) which is a Viet noodle salad
This dish has many components including the lettuce, onion, carrot, meat, nuts, noodle and of course the sweet, sour and spicy dressing..
On their own they are very plain and ordinary, but together they taste amazing!

Some people are narrow minded in that they try all the components separately, then not enjoying it much, they come to the conclusion that the dish is terrible..

Haha I'm rambling now.. well I always balance flavours and apply it to chicken.. eg: honey lemon chicken.. or honey soy chicken!
(above is my attempt at honey lemon chicken)

No comments:

Post a Comment